- Nguyen, N.M. (2021). “This is similar to Vincent Chin”: Intertextuality, referring expressions, and the discursive construction of Asian American activist identities in an online messaging community. Discourse & Society, 32(1), 98-118.
- Nguyen, N.M. (2020). Power and Solidarity in Moral, Affective, and Epistemic Positioning: Constructing Identities in Everyday Vietnamese Family Discourse. Doctoral Dissertation. Georgetown University.
- Nguyen, N.M. (2015). I tweet like a white person tbh! #whitewashed: examining the language of internalized racism and the policing of ethnic identity on Twitter. Social Semiotics, (26)5, 505-523.
Manuscripts in Preparation
- Gordon, C. & Nguyen, N.M. Chef knows best: How “translations” of immigrant families’ recipes (re)construct a celebrity chef’s epistemic authority.
- Nguyen, N.M. In our own queer world: The co-construction of coming out narratives in a conversation among queer friends.